Zerona and snacking
|July 17, 2011||Posted by admin under Blog||
During your treatment period especially, it is imperative that your diet is as low in fat as possible. You don’t want to be introducing high-fat foods into your body when your liver should be working on the fat that is already there!
Of course, some fat in your diet is necessary. Mono-unsaturated fat is the best kind because it can actually help keep your arteries clean.
Here is a list of our favorite snacks, all of which can be part of a sensible diet:
· Plain organic rice cakes or celery, spread with almond butter
· Carrots dipped in hummus
· Dried apricots or prunes
· Rice chips and salsa, organic guacamole, or lard-free bean dip
· Fresh-popped, unbuttered popcorn sprinkled with sea salt
· Raw almonds, cashews, peanuts
· Trail mixes (gluten and yogurt free)
· Rice crackers spread with all-natural fruit preserves
· Baked sweet potato chips
· Bananas dipped in peanut butter
· Roasted whole chickpeas
· Dairy-free frozen sorbet
Moderation is the name of the game, and these snacks are healthy choices that will help get you from one meal to the next. Following a healthy diet after your ZERONA program is key to ensuring you can enjoy your new sculpted body long after your treatment ends.